Monday 2 August 2010

Great News FM Online is being made!

However not for us for the Koreans, doh.

Not only do I feel screwed over after SI refused to give me money back on pre-paid subs as I felt like a paying beta tester. I now learn that my beta testing time which has cost me best part of £200 is now going to be put to use in another market quite possibly making the game that FML Live should have been in the first place.

I'm simply thrilled!

For an encore all current subscribers should bend over as we've been taken every other way.

Good news though this will only benefit FM Live though as no resources will be moved to produce this game but instead only new resources will be used. Yeah right, I know what that looks and smells like, shovel it somewhere else. We've seen what's planned for 1.7 pretty much a patch for a bugged feature.

Now so this post isn't taken in isolation here is my current list of issues with FML:-

  • 1) There isn't enough to do, it's so boring, get a nice youth prospect he'll be great in six months. This is a game and not 1980's play by mail.
  • 2) The ME moved so far away from reality that it's no longer football.
  • 3) Inflation is so rampant that it has made money relatively worthless effectively what killed FMLv1 is now ruining FMLv2. This impacts EVERY area of the game from new users, how much players cost, how important prize money is, etc etc.
  • 4) By their own admission FMLv1 was killed by SI's mis-management
  • 5) When new features are introduced they are bug infested.
  • 6) More often than not the fixes for the bugs introduce more bugs often with worse effects than the first bug.
  • 7) Pathetic Marketing, type 'online football management game' into google no per per click advertising no attempts made to get to the top of the organic listings. These are terms that would cost pennies!
  • 8) 3d Match Engine that would look cool if it was 1999
  • 9) Reward Points, half arsed, half-baked idea, pathetic.
Not really sure why I'm still posting about FML as I'd like to move on, however I'm still dam annoyed at trying to cancel with four months left on two subs and wanting a £40 refund.

No comments: