Wednesday 17 February 2010

Macro Game Theory

Horton is interesting, the first four / five seasons the economy is throttled.

Here is my finances for the first season on season start:-



Now looking at what I could win, it's around £1m Prize Money and that's if I spend the projected on wages and if I'm lucky. Looking at the team so far their ok, lots of workhorses mostly speculative buys.

So if I spent the projected and did well my projected by the end of season one could be pretty much what it is now, IF I'm lucky. If I'm not lucky it's going to worse than what is now.

So why take the risk? No reward don't take a risk, as the GW moves forward you are going to get bigger pots to win so maybe then it's worth going for it.

Also consider that many players are not going to be released until later, at the very best my ability to compete for these players is the same as it is now.

Not sure this is a good move by SI, we've gone from 'lets give everyone loads of cash' which resulted in a reset being needed to 'lets give everyone no cash' at least early on, the reasons why I'm not convinced about at all. Can't really articulate it too well either based on a hunch, it's the wrong thing to do.

I did want depth to the GW's teams of rep 20 down to 1 so we've gone from everyone being rep 14 to everyone being rep 6.

This is only for the first few seasons so might work out ok in the end.

2 comments:

T-Bag said...

Could go either way IMO.

People might concentrate on the football and trying to win games and master tactics.

Or more likely, people wont bother playing the game to save cash to try and buy the stars once they are available :p

I don't know, sense means it sound fine, it's just like playing in the lower leagues for a while. But knowing FML people seemed happy to have 1 good player and 15 youths and lose every game so god knows what will happen!

Anonymous said...

I think it will work out really well Jak :)

Deffo will be a challenge for anyone used to the old system but I think it will be for the best. :)

Rik