Tuesday 23 February 2010

Bah Humbug

Well I tried my best and failed and as Homer Simpson would say the lesson learned should be 'never try'.

Not really that's a joke:)

It does seem really odd though that with lessons learned from the first try at FM Live would appear to me to be:-

1) No sense of progression
2) GW needs to be deeper, e.g. Rep 20 teams, Rep 3 teams
3) Needs to be tough at the top.
4) The GW1 battle-cry of 'Give us something to play for!'

All have been taken on board and addressed in some way but...

Not for the first three seasons, SI will defo not make the same mistake of giving everyone too much cash. Instead they'll make the same mistake but in another way by giving everyone too little:)

Then we have fully random Qual leagues for three seasons, yeouch.

Three seasons in and finally the GW's will be let loose and hopefully all the new tweaks and game dynamics will kick in.

Well I hope the game does well in spite of all this and I might be totally wrong, All I can do is give feedback and let it ride.

Meanwhile the Horton team are dire, actually their not so bad, high CA but low rep methinks which results in them going on extended runs of bad form, playing very loose and throwing away leads. Very infrequently get a result, not sure how long Horton is going to last anyway, hopefully not long:)

I'll be chucking the subs I have left into Casual FA for first three seasons anyway, dropped a clanger joining the AFA in Horton but then didn't realise I'd be doing 60 middle of the table type games:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dunno Jak, if it works out as it does in my head, I see the qualifiers a bit different.

Imagine if the creme of the first round of qualifiers are cropped off and pushed ahead, so maybe the top X from each qual league are pushed into a "Prem" and then the rest are randomised. What will happen is that you'll have more incentive to play hard straight away for the first few seasons while the leagues are forming and settling.

Because the money is tight I think the qualifiers will be a lot more close and be less about luck than it will about being frugal and being tactically focussed.

I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Rik