Sunday 19 April 2009

Round Up

The Jakswans in Shearer are on a dismal run keep creating bags of chances but then lose 4-1, 1-0 with the other teams keeper getting man of the match. Why the opponents keeper should play well as we're in a dodgy mood I don't know but maybe he gains confidence as we continue to fire shots which he than does miracle saves. Not sure about that one.

With all the youths gone during wage auctions I just filled the bench out, from a footballing point of view I'd have been better off signing a £20k a day player but from a financial point of view I got four / five players all 3/3.1/2 star so should really push the club rep up.

The St John team is doing ok naturally I don't expect much with wages at £30k a day but we should do mid table and get the odd result. Being on a strict wage budget for this season and with no one from my league logging in there isn't an awful lot I can do. It's amazing how many teams want to play me in a friendly though, I bet I don't asked too much in Season 3:)

Beta - the Ladder Leagues are going great, you log on and there is always something to play for, with a couple of games left we could have got relegated and could have got promoted in Stage 1. I don't really care which but it's miles more entertaining than waiting around for a month in St John on the off chance that there will be a mid table game to play. ZZZZZZZZ.


I know the NFA is struggling a little in Shearer and I did think about maybe reinventing it in the form of the 'laddered FA' but for two reasons I didn't 1) It needs to be trialed in Beta and 2) It could be my last season in Shearer so I won't be there to see it through.

Overall though I'm thinking six per league is ideal with generally two up / down but top bottom tier have three down / up (keeps the top and bottom leagues dynamic).

No comments: