Monday 16 February 2009

Shearer Season Three End

We ended up finishing 3rd in the Premier League, we were never really in the hunt nor did I expect us to be with all the players moving around and the horrific timing of the injury to Dudu. I mean I sell Scott Parker and the day he leaves Dudu is out for eight days, yikes :(

I think only two teams have managed to stay in Division 1 of the active league throughout us and Unathletic Madrid. Although we were never in with a shout of winning it we did manage a runners up spot in Division 1.1.

Runners Up again in SFAU21, won SFAU19 and SFAU17, losing just one player from the U21 squad this season so we might be getting scary soon. In fact I think almost the entire squad is U19 so we've a few seasons of fun to be had yet!

The stadium is set to deliver £165k a day and with wages of £120k we should be doing well. I think it's pointless having a youth set-up and then buying in talent so I'm going to start bringing them through.

I've two world famous and seven High Profiles in the squad now and I'm pretty confident few teams could compete with that on those wages. I keep playing U21's for a lot of senior games as I think playing at this level can help, our rank suffers but that is purely cosmetic now anyway.

Overall pretty healthy state of affairs and we should be able to sustain Top 6 of the Premier League for the foreseeable future.

No comments: