Wednesday 18 February 2009

Right of Passage

One of my workmates who lost his team in the great GW crash of late 08 :) Finally got back into the beta, I have nagged him to buy the game but he won't budge.

Anyway I watched him get back in to a beta server and minutes later on his way to his first win he was bouncing round the office. A few minutes more he was telling me how much the game sucked and he didn't like it (he lost a few games).

I saw in him how I was when I first played the game and how I play it now, I have a calm detachment from the game. The Roberto Martinez pose I call it, arms folded cooly judging the game :)

Jokes aside I do think it's kind of like a 'right of passage' you can get too emotionally involved, fine enjoy the good times but don't get all upset about the bad ones. The end of the day it is just a game. Sometimes I think a lot of managers get really sucked in and when their dreams die get too emotional and miss out on a fantastic game.

No comments: