Friday 8 October 2010

Nice things

So I promised to say a few nice things about SI in the interests of balance and to try and stop being a grumpy old fart, so here goes.

Their still batting, the reset was a knock-back and the game could have gone but SI do have a hunger to get it right they could have thrown in the towel so credit where credit is due.

The do engage with the community and if you come up with constructive criticism they will often respond directly to the concern.

The database remains the best and combined with the ME the game can still capture something of the essence of football.

FML if your new to it there is a lot to learn so £5 isn't too shabby if you put a good ten hours a week in.

They will admit their mistakes and hold their hands up.

So see it's not all bad, I suppose on balance I'm overly critical but your not going to get something done by saying well done over and over.

Nice to Tom going strong on his Soapbox Blog was disappointed that he said he'd had enough.

From Tuesday I'm off for three weeks, when I travel sometimes I post even more as chilling out by the pool typing something is a type of chilled out reflection I find oddly relaxing.

6 comments:

Coach Bricka said...

This game is crazy, but addictive enough to bring even the most frustrated and bitter players back. That's pretty much what happened with me. A clearer head (somewhat) and boredom drove me back to blogging.

MarkPhillips said...

Well it's good to see you back Tom anyway.

Michael Lowes said...

I just checked out the blog by Tom and his post on the 9th is a total discrace. If he's talking about the Brian Cousins I know then he couldn't be further from the truth in his opinion of him. That's besides the point really, everyone has different opinions and are entitled to them but to call someone a fag and dickhead etc is not on at all.

I appreciate its a rant blog but its taken too far in that post in my opinion.

MarkPhillips said...

Does seem to be the sure fire way of losing a debate to turn it into an argument.

The points you make get lost to the insults you throw around.

Chris said...

Micheal Lowes, you my friend are a dickhead.

MarkPhillips said...

Ahee in the interests of freedom of speech I've approved the comment but name calling ain't a debate!

Michael is coherent and has a different view on something that doesn't make him anything derogatory.

Away now for two weeks, whoop!