Thursday 8 July 2010

FML Is there Hope?

I was thinking there was hope so started formatting a post looking at these overpowered youths.

I was in Turk and you know what it's bazonkas

I really suspect that youth as such ain't the issue but a combination of things. I think it goes like this. Youth v Senior.

1) We're much worse than this team (according to rep) so will be well up for game.
2) As we're super fast runners and jumpers we'll use athletics to beat them, in other words take full advantage of a weak Match Engine.
3) Senior team loses

So it's not youths developing too fast if that were true then their CA would reflected in Biography and their Aq Fee would rise.

Now I do know that in Beta a change was made to how players gain rep (players don't gain rep in lower leagues) but a change must have been made to the ME otherwise lower tier teams would get spanked silly.

In old FML given how important rep used to be in the ME (you'd be inconsistent without it) then it has adversely affected these super athletic youth teams. The Match Engine was always weak in how it was over reliant on physicals (see T Bag's blog).

So in summary one thing was changed then it had a knock on affect.

As I say I was going to do a long post to demonstrate this and started looking:-



I'm just speechless, ok 7.56 in Div.1 so it's not Premier League but I had a tier 3 in Coppell (which is near the bottom despite being best CA).

The Match Engine was never perfect but it USED to produce ranks where they made sense now I have no idea.

So is there hope.... I did allude to the fact that SI didn't seem to care which maybe was unfair but in my eyes the game has turned into a joke. I mean I'm trying to be constructive but what can you say.

So maybe Si do care but they don't seem think it's that bad so, no, I don't hold out much hope. I suppose if you forget football and play the ME as is you could enjoy it but to be honest the economy is bolloxed and the game is so slow it's dreadfully boring.

Sadly I'm stuck with a pre-paid sub for a while yet.

3 comments:

Marshall said...

Ha what a joke. I'll be posting this guy in the general ME feedback thread once the forums come back up so PaulC can think of another excuse to explain why 17 yr olds with great physical attr and shit mentals and technicals are doing so well!

MarkPhillips said...

It's sad you don't have to go looking for other examples along these lines.

Many have been posted already though.

That player is playing as a right back which I thought a little odd.

Anonymous said...

Well well well, I haven't subscribed to fml for a awhile, I was there for the reset and played for a awhile. During that time, it was a joke the way these 15 year olds were beating up on older players. I was told oh it's just because they're better players lol Oh please, they're 15 for god sake. And so for the first time in ages I decide to see what's happening in fml, haha looks like the same issue is still there. Glad I got out when I did.