Wednesday 4 November 2009

The Teams

Shearer - Gandolfi on his £800 a day wage is now high profile. Compared to some managers that are paying £20k a day for players like that it does tend to give me a massive advantage. Everyone see's him as 3.1/2 star as well. Might be a clue there as to why some GW's just don't have talent coming through as the 'youth managers' hunt for the next Ronaldo and miss the bread and butter players totally.

Team seems to be doing ok and a fair few youths that look as if they'll be handy in a few seasons time. Future looks steady as ever. Thankfully the FA's were done on last seasons position and we remain a Premiership team. Rank is irrelevant but doing ok there top 30 currently.

The NFA Premiership looks a tough one I think we'd be lucky to stay up and do very well to bag another UFFA spot.

I could have streched my legs a bit an used the £6m or so to really have gone for it but prefer to only sign players that clearly are a cut above.

Beta - Currently going ok, the new injuries mean you have to have strength in depth so I think I just about managed to cover positions with the odd youth and mature utility players end of season. There were issues with the beta GW during wage auctions which meant I couldn't strengthen as much as I would have liked.

This has left me with a huge bank balance, a £200k wage bill and massive projected. Could be a busy close season next time!

Clough - I can't play the games on board ship but we've gone from thinking about a play off spot to thinking about promotion to thinking we can win the title! Not bad really, a few youths picked up that might be useful later on as well. I don't expect to be doing much better season as it's still a lot of cash going into stadium, might take wages upto £100k subject to players becoming available.

Using this sort of bugdet might put me in the running for a compettive team in Div.4 should we get promoted.

It looks like I'll be able to make the council after all, leave New York at 6:30pm arrive UK 8:30am, spend the morning in London.

Had a few mails /posts about my player prices chart, it's subjective of course but signing players in wage auction for demand / Aq Fee seems a logical place to work back from.

My legs are killing me played footie with with my son and nephew and I was running round like a loon. Woke up the following morning to find being 40 meant I couldn't run around like that any more.

No comments: