Sunday 8 November 2009

Clough Season 14 Squad

The end of my 2nd season in Clough, here is the squad that'll be going into my 3rd season.

GK - D'Urso picked up in initial squad, for £50k Aq Fee, a little ropey at first but matured well.
DL - Startsev whilst the top teams focus on securing the superstars I work under the radar picked up in wage auction.
DC - Svensson Signed from another team £100k odd as I recall, under 25 and DC's tend to struggle a little, maturing nicely now.
DC - Talis Wage Auction signing not a great footballer but nice solid DC
DR - Beardsley Wage Auctions not over so may still be able to replace him, current weakest position but mature no nonsense DR.
DM - Woods very solid MC used with defensive duties. Really makes the middle tick.
MC - Abied cheap wage auction signing.
ML - Cedric is in the database from the off I've seen him wonderkid status early doors but tends to turn into an honest winger gives 100% and does have enough talent to open up some teams.
MR - Lingane another cheapie I picked up in wage auction.
FC - Martinez does blow hot and cold but has got talent.
FC - Antonio one of my best ever signings scores some delightful goals was sitting on someones subs bench until I picked him up in wage auction.

Ladadie - Bought with a view to replacing Woods, was a speculative wage auction bid.

As you can see end of season 2 that squad is as good as any I've had end of Season 2, new or old GW. The main differance from my point of view is that I would have managed to have bagged a few potential wonderkids whilst everyone was chasing Pato.

Whilst a few of the youths are half decent they don't compare to the quality you can get in the first few days.

We're still not overdrawn and have spent around £5m on the stadium I'd guess. The team is put together with a view on being competitive in Division Four. Aspiring to be one of the top teams in the Gameworld after three seasons isn't doable in saying that if I ignored the stadium I could push further.

No comments: