Sunday 17 May 2009

Inflation and Turnover

I'm not convinced that my vision for FM Live is actually shared by the community or even SI. It doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

Basically you start off as a small club and become a big one, that's easy to sell and has mass appeal. Even more importantly it's a game you can make (you can't make a game where everyone is Man Utd but you can make one which at some point they will be Man Utd).

I know it's based on a straw poll but every person I've spoken to does indeed tend to play FM09 as Man Utd or Barca etc. However, they all recount tales of the time they took Wrexham or some other lesser known club to the Champions League. How much they clearly enjoyed that game is evident. Thing is though you can't make that too easy in a simulation like FM09 it would become an arcade game. Yet it suits FM Live 100%.

I don't think the community are on board with this at all and I suspect neither are SI. See although I can't stand Hopping I think turnover of managers is a good thing. You have to keep inflation under control otherwise you'd be joining a GW where a £100k player is £1m you'd just feel helpless.

OK it's not just about inflation and turnover the game is very challenging when you start having to play these mega teams but that can be sorted.

I think the entire solution has to come from SI, although I see posts in the forum from users 'FM Live is a long term game' I have never seen that from SI. I can almost understand the concerns of hoppers 'how can I catch a team 5/6 months into a GW' the logical answer is that's not that dam point, it's a long term game, by the time your 5/6 months in a lot of those teams won't even be there!

As things stand they will be there though.

No comments: