Thursday 7 August 2008

Life goes on

Needless to say I was a bit downbeat recently so I decided it was time freshen up the Jakswans a little. Looking at my team the core as I like to call them, two Centre Backs, two Midfielders are very German like, solid strong, proven records all now around the 26 – 30 year old mark.

Nothing fancy although Marchiso has moments (recently scored six goals in one game!) then the flair players on the wing and up front. Up front though Sene and Heffernan are very precise and great but not really full of flair.

So with money to spend I wanted a 25-30 year old World Famous attacker preferably a winger on wage demand. A 7.5m deal was done to bag Menez, a left winger who could also play up front.



That’s what he’s based on but now 26 years old. If I had designed him I couldn’t do better as he fits perfectly in with Sene (Sene is natural striker but can also play left wing) so if things are not going to plan can swap the two around.

Although the servers are down I did manage to get him playing a handful of games and we’ve already had some very nice moments.

We do have a touch of BF due to all the recent transfers but I expected that as it’s between phases in the NFA so a mini close season.

We’ll see how things pan out over the next few days.

No comments: