Sunday 24 August 2008

Away for a week and all hell breaks lose!

Wow so now you can pre-order FM Live for October release. Odd timing as the biggest crash in FM history occurred at this time. Thursday was the last day that GW6 ran and it looks like it isn’t coming back.

I’ve been promoted to mod but I still going to fire from the hip as it were and not going to tone down any posts I do. First thing though during the sign up process I went for gameworld SHEARER.

I worry that SI won’t be able to sustain uptime they’ve failed to do that in six months and I was quite shocked how full these Gameworlds were not. 14,000 spaces and only 6% full, ouch! This does not bode well.

In saying that the full PR machine hasn’t kicked in at all and there is a full month to get everything ship shape. Assuming that the issues are fixed I can say FM Live has been the most addictive game I’ve ever played and I have played a lot of games!

Overall I don’t think these are the biggest issues facing the game but rather longevity. The cause of this is that there isn’t much sense of progression in the game. I’ve said this countless times but the pyramid is too shallow, if you don’t get into the top 50 with in a few months chances are your not getting in the top 50 period.

My idea is to have a much deeper pyramid with the bulk of the money being delivered via FA or FED money. So instead of having an income of £100 - £250k a day as daily income based on club reputation this should be changed to £25k - £100k, it’s still possible to secure £250k a day but only via performing in the various FA leagues.

Currently much of the player database is unused as there are no small / big clubs, why should any club sell their young superstar as their actually the same size as the club trying to buy.

The current system just means adds to FM Live = Trading game. At least this way you’d have a sense of progression as even though your starting at the bottom you would slowly improve as teams above you drop out. Ok if your good you’d get there faster but you’d still get there!

No comments: