Saturday 30 August 2008

Gameworld 6 RIP

Well they've called time of death on GW6 on Thursday so we're off to a new gameworld sometime next week. The loss of the data is a major disaster for Si and their credibility, no doubt some potential customers will have lost a bit of faith in SI but hopefully lessens learnt. Personally the FM Live project is huge is already a major coding achievement and is actually good that this happened now besides I'm too addicted to leave the game anyway.

Five gameworlds into two I think the idea is that these two worlds will be full of actives only. Ouch hope the servers cope!

In the meantime SI have a new twist on stress tests. I always tried to play to the stress tests as I know it helps but honestly they've been boring as heck. The new way is actually good fun to play.

Previously during a stress test you'd get a random team / players and take it from there. It was all random though and due to the short term nature of the beast you just ended up going through the motions.

The current system gives you a blank database and everyone is starting from scratch. It's still a short term thing but at least you can experiment with different starting players.

Still unsure as to how the Beta worlds will operate after October (or later) release I would guess it would be possible to play both and have a beta account and a live account.

Uptime for the beta would come with no guarantees but you'd have a good idea on upcoming features. I don't think I'd be alone in thinking that Beta sounds better and possibly would be fuller! Still we'll have to see.

Having just been made a mod before I went away I was keen to get modding (whatever that means) but seems I'll have to wait a little longer.

with FM Live down for not much else to report other than that. I've dabbled in other games and I'm currently having a fling with Civ4 again.

No comments: